[FAQ-1088] How to stop Rangecast software on a feed site PC (temporary stop, not decommission)
Page Type: REFERENCE
Rangecast software on a feed site PC includes a "watchdog" process that monitors for software faults, and may automatically relaunch the software if it is not closed correctly. The correct way to stop Rangecast is to click the Rangecast icon, and then press the Stop button.
1. Launch Rangecast with the desktop icon.
2. Press the stop button
3. Wait about two seconds, to give the software a chance to exit gracefully.
This is to stop the Rangecast feed site software.
This is not to uninstall the Rangecast feed site software, or prevent the software from automatically starting when the PC is rebooted.
- [FAQ-1131] Bad Password (feed site sender error message)
- [FAQ-1163] Error message: Check XYNT Service (Code 41)
- [FAQ-1028] Error Message: FEED SITE OFFLINE (Code X)
- [FAQ-1194] Error message: GARBLE (Code 20)
- [FAQ-1010] Error Message: RADIO MISSING (Code 33)
- [FAQ-1087] How to permanently disable a failed COM port
- [FAQ-1094] How to remove the INI file for one sender on a feed site PC
- [FAQ-1085] How to reset the data speed of a model 536 radio
- [FAQ-1162] Installing or Uninstalling XYNT as Administrator
- [FAQ-1130] No Internet error message
- [FAQ-1089] Refresh the Prolific drivers for COM ports (uninstall and automatic reinstall)
- [FAQ-1034] Automatic PC reboots to resolve technical problems (why, and how to enable/disable)
- [FAQ-1128] How to read/view the existing programming of a radio scanner
- [FAQ-1145] Launching Rangecast as a service (instead of an application)
- [FAQ-1090] SOP for quality assurance verification of feed site configuration
Rangecast FAQ - ID 1088 - last updated 18 October 2017 Images shown - [block]