[FAQ-1141] Identify the reason for a Windows shutdown or reboot
Page Type: REFERENCE
In Windows Control Panel, there is a system log describing the general reason for all Windows shutdowns and reboots
1) In Windows Control Panel, navigate to the following location:
System and Security - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer
2) In the Event Viewer navigation tab (left side), navigate to the following location: "Windows Logs - System"
3) In the Event Viewer "Actions" tab (right side), select "Filter Current Log"
4) In the field "Includes/Excludes Event IDs", enter the following text (without the quotation marks): "1074,6008"
5) Click OK
6) Review the event log for shutdowns/reboots. Individual events are listed by date/time, and clicking on an event will show additional information
Rangecast FAQ - ID 1141 - last updated 02 August 2017 Images shown - [block]