Page Type: REFERENCE
Rangecast uses Anydesk as a remote desktop application, and is essential for software installation and maintenance. There are two options for how to install Anydesk, depending on whether or not the PC already has Rangecast software installed.
If Rangecast is already installed on the PC:
1) Launch Rangecast, press Update Software, wait for process to complete
2) Go into the SENDER folder, find the file "rc-anydesk-install"
3) Right-click on "rc-anydesk-install" and "Run as Adminstrator"
4) Give approval as prompted (e.g. OK, etc)
5) When done, the software should show a 9-digit number in a black command box window. If this does not happen, repeat from step #3. On rare occasions the install software crashes or times out, but then works when tried again.
6) If this is an operational feed site (already set up to record audio): Press any key to close the box, then relaunch Rangecast.
Alternatively, if this is NOT an operational feed site: copy the 9-digit number and send it to Rangecast, then press any key to close the box.
If Rangecast is NOT installed on the PC:
1) On the PC, through a browser, download this zip file:
2) This file will usually be saved into the Downloads folder (but under some circumstances it may be saved to the Desktop instead, or some other location.) Locate the file, and unzip (right-click / extract) the file.
3) Click into the new folder "setup-anydesk" that's created.
4) Right-click on "install-anydesk" and "Run as Administrator" (note: a common error seems to be running the wrong file at this step, the file to run is NOT "new-anydesk.exe")
5) When the software prompts for permissions to run / make changes / etc, give OK / Yes, whatever it seems to need
6) Afterwards, the black-box user interface should say "Press any key to continue ..." with a 9-digit number in small print just above that.
If this does not happen, repeat from step #4. On rare occasions the install software crashes or times out, but then works when tried again.
7) Copy down the 9-digit number, and send it to Rangecast so we can install the Rangecast software and make various customizations to Windows/PC settings.
8) Press any key, to close the box.