Page Type: SOLUTION
Sometimes a full reset is the best way to clear problems. This FAQ describes how to erase scanner programming and restore the radio to original factory state.
HOW TO PERFORM FACTORY RESET -- The scanner can be reset via METHOD 1, via its front panel keypad or METHOD 2 by using RC-CONTROL utility software.
METHOD 1 - MANUALLY USING KEYPAD
(1) Turn off the scanner.
(2) With one hand, press and hold the  and  and [HOLD] keys.
(3) With the other hand, turn on the power knob. The scanner will immediately display "All Memory Clear - Please Wait".
(4) After a few seconds the display will change to "Restore Program List? Yes='E' / No='.' Press the [.] key to finish erasing. When done the scanner will display "Scan Mode - Nothing to Scan".
METHOD 2 - USING THE RC-CONTROL UTILITY
Alternately a factory reset can be done by the Rangecast utility called RC-CONTROL. If the program is not on the desktop already, download it from http://rangecast.com/resource.
(1) With the scanner powered on and connected to the PC, click the RC-CONTROL icon, which will then test all COM ports to locate scanners connected to the PC.
(2) Type the COM port number for the desired scanner and the RC-CONTROL menu screen will appear.
(3) One of the menu options is 'FACTORY'. Type FACTORY at the prompt. The scanner will display "REMOTE MODE - KEYPAD LOCK" for a few seconds while being reset.